The Importance of Orthodontics
Oral health is a window into your overall health. Orthodontic problems such as misaligned teeth, difficulty chewing, or shifting jaws, should be taken seriously. If left untreated, they could cause health issues down the line like tooth decay, gum disease, abnormal wearing of tooth enamel, etc.
A few things that orthodontic treatment can do for you is…
- Ensure proper function of teeth
- Create a healthy, attractive smile and facial structure
- Maintain a good bite making it easier to chew and speak
- Avoid tooth decay/loss by making them easier to clean
- Avoid expensive dental procedures that could result from untreated orthodontic issues
Get The Care You Deserve
Don’t wait to schedule your first appointment, reach out to a local AAO orthodontist and get your first appointment on the calendar. You can then rest easy at night knowing you’re one step closer to improving your oral health and smile!
Orthodontic treatment can yield life-enhancing results such as:
- Better function (biting and chewing)
- Improved alignment of teeth and jaws
- Lower risk of dental issues like tooth decay and gum disease
- Fewer dental emergencies
- Improved oral hygiene
- A beautiful smile!
Here’s a few tips to help you get the most out of your orthodontic treatment:
- Keep your scheduled appointments
- Advise your orthodontist of problems that may pop up between appointments
- Watch what you eat and drink, avoid sugary foods and drinks
- Brush and floss as instructed by your orthodontist
We promise it’s worth the effort to reach the goal you and your orthodontist share – giving you a healthy smile that will last a lifetime.
Why an AAO Orthodontist?
- 4 accumulated years of dental school.
- 3700 hours of specialized orthodontic training.
- 100% focused on aligning teeth and jaws.